I didn’t know what dark circles were until I was 6 months due with baby M and suffered from insomnia. One fine day it hit me, while I stared at myself in the mirror and wondered, ‘why does my BB cream look grey under my eyes?’. Simple answer. It was a trailer of my new about-to-start life, its called mommy hood. (I am just being melodramatic; it didn’t exactly happen this way but you get the drift, yeah).
So that was then and now since the real mommy life has started (4 months ago) I really can’t remember the last time I slept without waking up every two to three hours to tend to Baby M.
Anyway, so the battle of concealers started for me like 7 months back and I decided I’ll put all my energy in finding THE ONE.
Now the ‘THE ONE’ had to be effective and economical because it’s like for everyday use.
So after a lot of trial and error (read- grey under eye) I hit the jackpot!
TA DA DA!! Presenting to you NYX Above and beyond full coverage concealer.
Why it’s awesome:
1. Undertone game- It has the perfect yellow undertones that cancel out the dullness of the under eye area for me, although if you have super dark half-moons go for something more towards peach undertones.
2. Coverage- it gives amazing coverage and it is build-able. Works wonderfully for me.
3. Consistency- The consistency of the product is light and creamy. I don’t feel like I’m wearing anything too heavy and it doesn’t look cakey under my eyes even after setting it with powder. You know what I mean?
4. Blending- seamless.
5. Staying power- personally for me it stays well put without creasing or fading out for up to 6 hours.
6. Effective and economical– it’s great for everyday usage and considering that its easily available and also budget friendly, it’s a keeper.
I use the shade CJ04 Beige. It’s available in various shades so I bet there’s a match for you.
- Garnier bb cream
- NYX above and beyond concealer
- Maybelline colossal mascara
- Rimmel pressed powder